Common GymPact misconceptions that you can avoid!
We are beyond thrilled about our integration with RunKeeper and want to give a big welcome to all the new GymPact users! We aim to make the GymPact experience as great as possible for all of you and want to clear some common misconceptions. You can avoid them early on, and let us know your ideas on how we can make these concepts clearer!
- I just finished my workout through RunKeeper - why isn’t it showing up on GymPact?
Don’t worry, you didn’t do anything wrong! The sync time can take up to 20 min. for the RunKeeper workout to show up in your activity log.
- My workouts are usually under 30 min. Will that still count towards my Pact?
All workouts must be at least 30 min. to count towards your Pact. We understand you may be a super speedy runner or biker - but we want to keep things consistent with our requirement for gym workouts. If your runs usually only last 25 minutes - take an extra 5 minute cool down walk to have it count towards your Pact!
- When I receive rewards, they’re automatically deposited into my Paypal account.
Once you reach $10, you can withdraw your GymPact rewards via Paypal on the app like this. Attendance emails will be sent out each week on Monday or Tuesday telling you how much $ you’ve earned - but they’re not automatically deposited each week because Paypal fees would eat up a ton of your earnings!
- My Stakes are $5 so that’s all the money I have on the line.
We have you put Stakes on the line for per day you commit. This is so that even if you can only make 3 out of your 4 committed days, the incentives push you not to give up! So if you miss two days at $5 Stakes, you’ll pay $10.
- GymPact is already on Android, right? So I’ll just sign up now!
Sorry Droid-ers, we’re still testing our Android app in private beta. Sign up for our Android beta list to get the earliest access. We’re opening it up slowly!
- I want to link multiple RunKeeper accounts to my GymPact account.
You can only link one RunKeeper account to your GymPact. We created these handy videos show to you how to integrate online and directly from your phone.
- I’m going to complete multiple workouts in one day to count towards my Pact!
This may be super tempting - but don’t forget that only one workout per day can count towards your Pact!
- I started my workout before midnight on Sunday so I’m all set for the week!
For you late-nighters, please finish your workout before midnight on Sunday to count toward your Pact that week. Pact weeks run Monday through Sundays.
For more how-to videos, follow our YouTube channel where we’ll post updates on how to do simple tasks on our GymPact app! If you have any additional questions/ feedback feel free to tweet us @GymPact or Facebook- and be sure to follow us so we can DM you back!
The GymPact Team