January 1, 2013 at 3:47pm
GymPact Android tips
Hey Android users! Here are a few tips on how your location settings should be in order for us to verify your location:
- have GPS on
- have WiFi 3 G on
- have your own WiFi on
- NOT have airplane mode on
Here is a screenshot of what your location settings should look like:
December 21, 2012 at 8:03am
We are testing the GymPact app on multiple Android devices :) Get ready for the big launch on January 1st!
Common GymPact misconceptions that you can avoid!
Hey GymPact users,
You guys are an awesome bunch, and we want to make the GymPact experience as great as possible! Here are some of the common misconceptions. You can avoid them early on, and let us know your ideas on how we can make these concepts clearer!
- GymPact is already on Android, right? So I’ll just sign up now! Sorry Droid-ers, we’re still testing our Android app in private beta. Sign up for our Android beta list to get the earliest access. We’re opening it up slowly!
- I started by workout before midnight on Sunday so I’m all set! For you late-nighters, please finish your workout before midnight on Sunday to count toward your Pact that week.
- When I receive rewards, they’re automatically deposited into my Paypal account. Once you reach $10, you can withdraw your GymPact rewards via Paypal on the app like this. They’re not automatically deposited each week because Paypal fees would eat up a ton of your earnings!
- I want to take a break from GymPact, so I’ll just delete my app. We’re all for flexibility! But if you want to take a break from your Pact, please let us know by setting your break on your app like this, or deleting your account. Deleting your app does not automatically delete your account (in fact, we can’t even know if you delete your app or not, with Apple’s privacy policies).
- My Stakes are $5 so that’s all the money I have on the line. We have you put Stakes on the line for per day you commit. This is so that even if you can only make 3 out of your 4 committed days, the incentives push you not to give up! So if you miss two days at $5 Stakes, you’ll pay $10.
- I can just check in at home when I do my workouts. Unfortunately, GPS technology doesn’t let us count home or office workouts.
For more how-to videos, follow our YouTube channel where we’ll post updates on how to do simple tasks on our GymPact app!
The GymPact Team